Jill has 14 years’ experience as a senior management consultant in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
She specialises in using review and evaluation techniques to assist clients to improve their organisational performance and works in both single organisation and multi-agency settings.
Jill offers a broad range of operational analysis and strategic planning. She is able to combine these skills with leadership and management development to help senior personnel identify where improvements can be achieved, to devise sustainable solutions and then to adopt the management and behavioural skills to make change happen.
She brings objectivity and pragmatism to all her assignments alongside sensitivity to the political dimensions of working in partnerships. She has a keen interest in how organisations balance good standards of customer service with restricted resources.
Her clients include local authorities, Local Strategic Partnerships, housing associations, third sector organisations and employer associations.
She has extensive knowledge of corporate governance and is a full member of the newly formed professional body, the Association for Corporate Governance Practitioners.
Her management career spans 15 years in Chambers of Commerce and Business Link at Chief Officer level and with full budget responsibility.
Jill is an Associate of Host Policy Research and an approved associate for IEWM. Jill is an Approved Development and Endorsed Provider for the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
• Joint Project Director for the final evaluation of a Metropolitan Borough Working Neighbourhoods Fund programme, supported by a range of case studies;
• Project Director for the Review of the effectiveness and operating model of West Midlands’ Trading Standards (CenTSA) Regional Intelligence Unit;
• Current Project Lead for a research, consultation and feasibility assignment for a trans-national EU funded project (IMAGEEN) to exchange good practice in Economic Development policy and service development;
• Project Director for a bespoke Performance Management Development Programme for Senior Managers of a West Midlands Housing Association;
• Interim and Final Evaluations of the North Staffordshire Business Brokers project;
• (For the Governance Forum) desk review of corporate governance arrangements for a Housing Group.